CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 10, 2012

Busy Summer!

We've been REALLY busy! So, I realize it has been a really long time since I have posted a blog and I apologize to the two of you that look at this. I taught a summer fast track session and it was cra-zy! (Seriously, some of the best students I've ever taught!) After, that was finished at the end of July, we had a FOURTH birthday party! I can't believe my babies are four. When did it go so quickly? I'm sure every mother feels that way. I have loved every stage of their sweet, little lives. I am grateful to God that he allowed me to be their mother. We had a Mickey and Minnie theme pool party (in honor of their first trip to Disney, which is coming up faster than I can possibly be prepared for!) and boy did we have a blast! TONS of people came and we just had a great time visiting and playing.
That was a little sneak peek of some pictures. I hope to post some others soon. Soon after that we had the 42nd annual McCoy family reunion. We had a great turn out and it is always fun to get to see distant relatives. This year we started a facebook family page to share photos and stories, which I thought was very cool. Sort of a neat way to stay connected this day and age. I'm extremely blessed to be part of such a close knit family. Then it was time for the OLYMPICS!!! I love the Olympics. Summer, winter-It doesn't matter to me. It is such a neat time where countries come together and (usually) display great character, determiniation, and sportsmanship. During the Bejing Olympics, the babies were literally days old and I remember thinking, "The next time the Olympics are on they will be four!" Which, of course, felt like a lifetime away! Now it is here. I structured all our Mommy School lessons around the Olympics and brother and sister have really loved them. I have lessons and pictures to post and share. We have had such a great time with the Olympics and we're sad to see the Closing ceremonies in a few days. Finally, my little brother found out that he and his girlfriend are having a BOY! We are so excited. I can't wait to be an Auntie. Little Baby Ryder will be here in January. They had a cake reveal for the family (the parents knew the gender, but the rest of us didn't). We were definitely kept in suspense!

0 comments: