CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Long Time, No See

Woah it has been a very long time since I have blogged anything! One of my resolutions was to be better about blogging. I guess I have failed that one miserably, even though I have been quite successful in others. I suppose that's how it is with resolutions; some just will never happen, but others will easily happen. It's important to focus on the ones that have been accomplished, for even if we only accomplish one goal to better ourselves, then growth has taken place!



I have recently become familiar with a new blog, which I love. The Prudent Homemaker is fast becoming one of my favorites. I was originally drawn to her site because of her pantry. If you are working on food storage or building up your food supply, you should definitely check this site out. She offers great recipes for pennies and shows off her beautiful, edible garden. I'm quite envious of that. Another thing she does on her site is explain how she was frugal for the week. I love this! Don't we all need to work on being more frugal? I'm not talking miserly here, but watching the pennies a little more closely. I opted to stay home with the twins this summer instead of working because they will be starting Kindergarten soon (sniff) and I felt that it was very important to just have a fun summer. My parents were extremely helpful in this endeavor. I have recently learned that a few opportunities fell through and there is a possibility that another might, so the money frugality may continue!




The Prudent Homemaker also is fabulous to share her weekly goals with us. This lady is quite impressive. Check out her weekly goals to see what I mean! In an effort to be more organized and frugal, I thought I would post my weekly goals here as well (Plus, I'm a sucker for a list!).



Weekly Goals:

Food Goals-I'm working on beefing up (no pun intended) my freezer and pantry stock so that freezer meals will ready once we all return to school and a more chaotic schedule.

-make peach popsicles from peach puree
-make homemade yogurt
-make slider rolls
-prepare corn for freezing
-make pizza dough for freezer



Birthday Goals- We have a big FIVE year old party this weekend, so this category will be eliminated once the weekend is over!)

-finish mermaid tails
-make sister's cupcakes
-shop for and prepare all the perishable food
-make starfish cookies and mermaid tail cookies
-get game for birthday present
-pull cucumbers from the garden for veggie tray



Around the House Goals-

-mow
-go through the hatbox near the door
-weed the garden and spray the perimeter
-take stock of the freezer and pantry (for pantry challenge-More on this later)

Mommy School Goals-The kids will start a Pre-K/K co-op this fall, which means they will be there only half time. The other half time, they will still be homeschooling with me. We still have a bit of summer left and I'm not really in any rush to starting Mommy Schooling on a strict schedule again (we've been playing it fast and loose during the summer) HOWEVER, if I am not prepared, the date will be upon me before I know it and I will not feel prepared, hence the goals!

-Print off CC Standards for K



All of this is on top of the regular things everyone does on a normal basis (cooking all the meals, vacuuming, mopping, etc.)

Memory Verse for the Week: Trust the Lord with all your heart Proverbs 3:5

Hope you week is awesome and you accomplish much!

0 comments: