CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Soaking up the Last of Summer

We have had a whirlwind week here! Both the twins had their Kindergarten wellness visits and they went quite well. Both were advanced for their age on the cognitive screening and both passed the hearing and vision screenings. Shots were administered as well and for the most part they did great. They each got to have a little ice cream date with mom after their visits.


We are so amazingly blessed to be a part of such a great family. We had our 43rd family reunion this weekend and there were over 100 extended family members there. When I told the twins where we were going this weekend, sis said, "What's a reunion?" I told her that it was when we got together to visit family. She asked who all would be there. When I began to tell her, she just looked at me and said, "How is that different from any other time we go (to Poppa and Nona's)?" She's right. When we visit Poppa and Nona's, we are always getting together with extended family to celebrate something (or nothing) and we are so blessed because of it. My cousins are not only my family, but also my best friends. They're "my girls!" It was a sweet thing to witness us hold hands and pray across the table.


All these kiddos are SECOND cousins! So blessed....
Many people do not even know the name of their first cousins, let alone their second cousins!

This week seems to be a little less hectic, so hopefully some of the things that did not get accomplished last week, will be this week!

Here's what was (and was not) accomplished last week:
Food Goals-
-Make a menu for the week
-Make homemade yogurt (This did not happen. I attempted it, but I forgot the cooling time, so actually I ruined it)
-Make peach applesauce
-Make Baked Beans for reunion
-Make banana pudding for Poppa
-Make homemade bread



Birthday Goals-
-Write thank you notes (This did not happen and it is at THE TOP of my list to get done for this week!)
-Respond to some emails about bday
-Sew Corn hole bean bags (I got about half of them finished)
-Cut out Monogram for corn hole boards
-Complete birthday interviews!


Around the House Goals-
-Continue to weed/spray garden
-mow

-go through the hatbox (seriously, I just can't seem to do this and it's a simple task!)
-start entering items for the consignment sale (I didn't get this accomplished either)
-Doctor Visits
-Register for K (Eekk)


Mommy School Goals
-Make 10 Frames out of popsicle sticks
-Make a daily checklist

Even though I did not get the 10 frames finished, I did manage to make two weeks worth of Mommy School Lesson Plans, so I'll take that!

Mommy Work Goals
-Finish up Course Syllabus
This did not happen either, but I'm not too worried about it because I can work on this once the kiddos start the co-op.

And this week's goals:

Food Goals-
-make yogurt (possibly two times)

Birthday Hoopla-
-Thank you Notes
-Corn Hole Bags

Around the House goals-
-HATBOX!!!
-Enter items for consignment sale
-McKay's Books for trade

Mommy School goals-
-Ten Frames
-Word work games
-Work on cleaning up the classroom

Mommy Work Goals-
-Finish Up Course Syllabus

This looks to be a pretty light week with not too much to do, so hopefully, we can enjoy the last little bit of summer before getting back to our normal grind! Hope your week is awesome and you notice how many blessing God has given you!

0 comments: